Sunday, February 1, 2009

Motherhood

I love going to church and feeling the Spirit.  I especially love fast and testimony meeting.  My children are such an inspiration to me by wanting to share their testimonies.  They have such pure faith and a love for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I feel so honored to be their mother.  As a missionary  I bore my testimony at my last zone meeting and said that I was sad to be leaving the greatest calling I would have being a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ and to which my mission president quickly corrected and said,"No, Sister Scott the greatest calling you will ever have is being a mother."  How right he was!  Being a mother is the most glorious calling.  It is by far the most challenging but the most rewarding.   With all of my heart I love my children and do not for one second wish that I was not their mother.  I am so grateful that I have been blessed with such wonderful and loving children.  It is the most sincere desire of my heart to raise them up unto the Lord for they are His.  I am only his steward and if I am faithful then they shall be mine.  My heart overflows with love for them.  I am so grateful and humbled that I have been given so much.  I am grateful for the gift of faith that sustains me and do hope to pass that gift along to my children who are my greatest treasure.   Being a mother has blessed me in so many ways.   I am grateful to have the gospel in my life and understand what a noble calling it is to be called a mother and for prophets who testify of that nobility.  I am reminded of a quote by President David O. McKay, "She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, … deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God.”  

5 comments:

  1. You are an amazing mother. I love watching you with your children, I can see your love for them and the joy you get in being their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are so blessed to have you. I am in awe when I see your strength and the love you have for your children. They love you so much and it shows. Thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mother. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us! You are going to make it! We love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really sweet to see your kids get up and bear their testimonies this last Sunday. I agree with you, the greatest calling is that of being a mother. Thank you for the reminder. You are an amazing and wonderful woman and mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rock girl! I love you and admire your commitment to your family and the love you have for your sweet kiddos.

    ReplyDelete