Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Despite the dread of my 34th birthday it was good day.  It started with a sweet card from my daughter, Carissa.  She truly is an angel sent from heaven.  Her card was just so precious.
I love her.






Flowers from my mom were delivered this morning.  It sure brightened my day.
Then my dear, sweet friend Emily came over and hung out with me and made me lunch.  Thank you so much! And then more flowers from another friend. Followed by happy birthday phone calls.
But everything couldn't be perfect, I had some not so nice moments having to share my kids with their dad on my special day and an unkind text.  (Not everyone loves me)
However, I have some very awesome friends who let me know just how loved I am by surprising me with a dinner party at Carrabba's.  I love you guys! :)  You are the best!
The day did not end there with surprises.  Just before reading scriptures and having prayer with my children I checked my email while waiting on them to get ready for bed and low and behold there was an email stating a decision had been made regarding my application to BYU.  (Now I did not expect an answer for 4 weeks) So I opened it with fear and anticipation.  My request for readmission was approved!!!!  I begin this Fall!  WOW!!!! Does the Lord answer prayers!  I have been so stressed out about what my future might be.  I know this was the Lord's way of letting me know that He has a plan for me and that He loves me.  I am incredibly grateful for answered prayers and the angels that surround me.  Truly the Lord uses his children to bless the lives of one another.  Thank you angels for blessing my life.  I am humbled by the love you have for me.  Thank you for your prayers and making this such a memorable birthday.  

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting into BYU that is awesome. Does that mean you will be moving to Utah? That would be wonderful.

    Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Good luck with BYU.
    Thanks for letting us share with you for your birthday, it was SO much fun. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Charity!! I thought about you yesterday, always do. That's great about BYU. Does that mean you'll be moving? I'm here if you need help, I hope you know that. Love, Kalyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Charity that's great news!! I know everybody whose lived in Provo has different takes on it (some liked their time there others hated it...) but I am a total BYU fan and think it is a wonderful place to go and grow and come away from with a new and changed perspective and life. So when it's time to get ready to go I want to help you pack or whatever else might need to be done...I'm also so glad you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Charity! I am so glad that you have such good friends nearby! Wish so much we lived closer! ... Also, CONGRATS on getting into BYU! You all continue to be on our hearts and in our prayers! (((HUG))) Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charity, I had no idea about all the things you were facing right now. You are so amazing and have such a great spirit about you. Congrats on BYU! What a great accomplishment that will be for you. Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday and Congrats on getting into BYU. My Mom has been taking classes from home through BYU for some time now. She has always done one at a time and is very close to finishing her degree. Having your degree will feel so good no matter what you end up doing with it! BEST OF LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you. What a birthday to remember! I'm glad I got to be there for the party. It was a lot of fun! We love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you know the Wurtz family? They were in our ward in Provo for a short time. His twin was in our ward for a longer time and I got to be really good friends with her sister-in-law, Tina. What a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Wahoo! Yipee! Yeah for BYU! You deserve ever bit!! Sorry that I couldn't make it to your Birthday Dinner. Graham wasn't home to take the kiddos for me. I am glad it was such a great day. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday friend! Sorry I missed your dinner. Sounds like it was yummy. Your card from Carissa is so sweet. You are an amazing woman and I am blessed to know you. Happy 34th

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Charity! That is great news from BYU. I'm glad you had a wonderful Birthday. You deserve it. Sorry I couldn't make the dinner, but I'm glad that so many of your friends were able to be there to celebrate your new year of life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck at your BYU classes! Best of luck. An old friend. Ken

    ReplyDelete