Saturday, January 24, 2009

Starting over

I thought with all the changes I am going through I needed a new blog.  It just didn't seem quite right to be blogging on my site that indicated a life that is no longer in existence. So I am starting over, but not just blogging! That would be cake if that is all I was changing! Change is good, though, right?.  It helps us grow, we stretch and learn and hopefully become better than we were.  I don't think I was prepared in any way to be a single mom however, as my focus was on always being a forever family.  Although I feel a deep sense of loss I know I am going to make it.  I don't know how, boy I don't know how.  But I believe that God blesses those who are obedient and I plan on being perfectly obedient if possible.  I feel as though I am in the refiner's fire.  I know that through all these challenges I have faced and am currently facing I am being prepared for something.  I believe in God's promises and know that I have a stewardship over my children to raise them in righteousness and as Nephi has said, "the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he hath commandeth them."  That applies to us all.  God will provide a way for us to do that which is right.  So I can press forward with a perfect brightness of hope.  May I always have hope even when all seems dark.  Discouragement and fear have a way of beating me down but I pray that I might resist the temptation to doubt and be still and know that God is over all. SO here's to a new start!    

4 comments:

  1. Love the new blog! Keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog! And I love the picture at the top of you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity!!! You look great--you haven't changed a bit from when we were growing up in YW together in TX. Are you out west now? How are your parents? I'm so glad to have found you. Keep your head up! You have the cutest kids!!!

    ReplyDelete